Who’s it for?
This qualification is for anyone who has a specific responsibility for fire safety in the workplace. It is suitable to:
- Qualify fire wardens/fire marshals
- Provide a foundation of fire safety knowledge on which employers and ‘responsible persons’ can build
- Increase the fire safety knowledge of all employees. We also provide a Half Day Course so please check at time of booking.
Entry requirements Learners must be at least 14 years old on the first day of the training. There are no other formal entry requirements but to benefit from the learning we advise that Learners have a minimum of Level 1 in literacy.
QA Level 2 Award in Fire Safety – Course Content:
- Understand the hazards and risks associated with fire in the workplace (How fires are caused/Fire Triangle/Hazards during and after fire/Characteristics of fire and smoke spread)
- Understand how fire risk is controlled in the workplace (Means of Escape/Fire detection/Principles of extinguishing fires/Portable fire extinguishers/Fire fighting equipment)
- Understand the principles of fire safety management at work(Fire safety inspections/Fire safety Risk Assessments)
- Understand the role of the nominated fire warden (Day to day basis/In an emergency/Not in designated area/Fire Safety Briefing)
- Multiple Choice Written Assessment
Half Day – 0900-1200 – 3 Hours
QA Level 2 Award in Fire Safety (RQF) – (Fire Marshal) – 1 Day Onelife Certificate – Half Day Certificate valid for 3 years. It is recommended that training is refreshed every 3 years.
QA Level 2 Award in Fire Safety Investment:
£66 per delegate – Half Day