Who’s it for?
This course is aimed at anyone who works in a registered setting with 0-14 year olds, child minding, playgroups, nurseries and out of school settings. For those completing Childcare NVQ’s we are happy to sign off witness statements relating to the First Aid Unit please ask a member of our team.
This qualification is for people who have a specific responsibility at work, or in voluntary and community
activities, to provide first aid to children (including babies) when dealing with:
• An emergency situation
• Chronic or sudden paediatric illness
• Paediatric injury
Minimum contact teaching hours apply to this qualification
In order to comply with Ofsted requirements, the QA Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid (RQF) must be delivered over a minimum of 12 hours. This also meets the Surestart Criteria.
Learners must be at least 16 years old on the first day of the training.
There are no other formal entry requirements but to benefit from the learning we advise that Learners have a minimum of Level 1 in literacy or numeracy or equivalent.
2 Day Paediatric First Aid – Course Content:
Day 1 – Unit 1 – Paediatric Emergency First Aid
- The Role and Responsibilities of Paediatric First Aider
- Incident and casualty assessment
- CPR & AED
- Unconscious Casualty
- Management of a seizure
- Choking Casualty
- External Bleeding, minor injuries and bites and stings
- MCQ Assessments – Multiple choice
- Issue any homework reading
Day 2 – Unit 2 – Managing Paediatric illness, injuries and emergencies
- Head, neck and back injuries
- Eyes, ears and nose conditions
- Chronic medical conditions or sudden illness – Diabetes/Asthmas/Meningitis and febrile convulsions
- Body Temperature
- Electric Shock
- Burns and scalds
- Poisonous substances
- Allergic reaction and anaphylaxis
- MCQ Assessment – Multiple Choice
2 Days 9.00- 4.00 – 12 Hours (might not be consecutive days, please see dates below) When booking Saturday Courses you need to select Paediatric Day 1 and Day 2.
QA Level 3 Award in Paediatric First aid 2 Units (RQF)
Certificate valid for 3 years, matches all Sure start criteria.
2 Day Paediatric First Aid Investment:
£95 per person
In house Group Bookings available we cover ALL of the UK however, Devon/Somerset/Dorset and Cornwall are our key areas.