Who’s it for?
This qualification is for anyone who handles food, or plans to handle food, in the catering industry. It would also be beneficial for people who come into contact, due to the nature of their work, with food handling areas, e.g. pest control and delivery personnel.
It is aimed at businesses of all sizes in the catering and hospitality sector. No prior knowledge or experience is needed.
We also offer QA Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Retail and Manufacturing, please ask for further information.
Learners must be at least 14 years old on the first day of the training.
There are no other formal entry requirements but to benefit from the learning we advise that Learners have a minimum of Level 1 in literacy.
Food Safety – Course Content:
- Importance of Food Safety
- Types of Contamination
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP)
- The Law and Food Safety
- Legal Responsibilities of Food Handlers
- Personal Hygiene in Food Safety
- Keeping the Work Area and Equipment Clean and Tidy
- Design of Work Flow, Work Surfaces and Equipment
- Pest Control
- Safe Food Handling Practices and Temperature Controls
- Stock Control Procedures
- Multiple Choice Assessment
1 Days 9.00- 4.00 – 6 Hours
QA Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering (RQF)
On completion of a written & practical assessment you will receive
QA Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering (RQF) 1 Credit – Certificate valid for 3 years.
Food Safety Investment:
£66 per delegate
In house Group Bookings available we cover ALL of the UK however, Devon/Somerset/Dorset and Cornwall are our key areas.