Who’s It For?
This QA qualification is
- For people who wish to raise their awareness of the signs and symptoms associated with mental Health problems.
- To provide learners with the knowledge to be able to direct anyone with potential mental health problems to a reliable source of support.
The objective of the qualification is to benefit the Learner by educating them in common mental health illnesses such as depression, stress and anxiety, eating disorders, self-harming and suicide.
The qualification includes how to listen to others and provide advice on where to signpost to expert support to assist them in difficult times. The qualification will potentially assist with reducing stigma associated with mental health problems in the workplace.
The purpose of this qualification is to prepare learners for further learning or continuing professional development in the area of mental health.
This qualification is for those over the age of 16 and over who have an interest in mental health and would like to raise awareness and be able to listen and signpost work colleagues to a professional body that can provide support.
- Introductions/Trainer Commitment/Group Agreement
- Understanding Mental Health
- Understanding Poor Mental Health
- Introducing The Action Plan
- Listening Skills SOLER
- Mental Health Quiz
- Understanding Stress and signs of
- Stigma and Discrimination
- Understanding Depression/Depression in the workplace
- Action Plan for Depression
- Understanding Suicide/Suicide statistics/CPR for Suicide risk assessment
- Developing a workplace action plan for suicide support
- Understanding Anxiety Discorders/Alcohol/Caffeine and Anxiety
- Understanding Anxiety in the workplace
- Understanding Eating Disorders/Self Harm/Psychosis
- Focus on Mental Health related Legislation
- Making ‘reasonable adjustments’ at work
- Mental Health Core and Enhanced Standards
- HSE Management Standards
- Recovery – WRAP and Great Dream
- Actin Plan for a Mentally Healthier Workplace
1 Day – 7 Hours under guidance of trainer/assessor. Further hours spent in preparation, study including assessment, pre course reading total of 7 hours. Learners must complete the assessment unit within registration period to achieve the qualification. Maximum period is 3 weeks including any referrals.
QA Level 2 Award in Understanding Mental Health in the Workplace (RQF)
£165.00 per delegate (Price subject to VAT)