Health and Safety in the Workplace
Who’s It For?
QA Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the workplace (RQF) is a basic Health & Safety Course. As an employer you have a responsibility for the welfare and safety of your employees. Your employees also have a responsibility for both themselves and for their colleagues, under the Health and Safety Act 1974.
This training course is designed to address all of these issues. If you require specific Health & Safety training to cover only a selection of the topics below, please contact us with your requirements.
Learners must be at least 14 years old on the first day of the training.
There are no other formal entry requirements but to benefit from the learning we advise that Learners have a minimum of Level 1 in literacy or numeracy or equivalent.
Health And Safety In The Workplace – Course Content:
- Understand the roles and responsibilities for health, safety and welfare in the workplace (Employers and Employee’s Duties/Consequences for non-compliance/Requirements for training and competence/Ways health and safety information can be communicated.)
- Understand how risk assessments contribute to health and safety (Define terms “hazard” and “risk”/Process for carrying out risk assessments/Principle of risk control hierarchy/How risk assessment is used to reduce accidents and ill health.)
- Understand how to identify and control the risks from common workplace hazards (Hazards, the harm they can cause and risk controls/The Workplace, slips trips and falls, working at heights, electricity, manual handling, ergonomics, equipment, noise and vibration, transport and vehicles, hazardous substances, stress, violence, smoking, alcohol and drugs, fire safety.)
- Know the procedures for responding to accidents and incidents at work (Actions needed to be taken following an incident, arrangements for emergencies and first aid in the workplace, importance of recording all incidents, accidents and ill health.)
- Multiple Choice Written Assessment Paper
QA Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the workplace (RQF)